Asphalt overlay |resurfacing in Tampa and Clearwater is the process of installing a new layer of asphalt over your existing asphalt or blacktop roads or parking lots. Resurfacing asphalt will look and feel just like new asphalt and will easily extend the life of blacktop parking lots without the inconvenience of removing and replacing a parking lot or a driveway.
Asphalt overlay | resurfacing or overlayment is not the best plan of action, if you have structural deterioration of the sub-base and poor drainage conditions, and asphalt that has already been resurfaced more than once. Our experienced team will carefully examine your asphalt driveways or parking lot to make sure you get exactly what you need.
One effective and economical option is to; mechanically grind the existing surface and then add a geo-textile fabric along with a new overlay. We’ll carefully examine all of your options available for the repair of your existing blacktop and our expert estimators will recommend the best option for your areas.
Asphalt overlay | resurfacing will greatly improve driving conditions and will make asphalt roads or parking lots look like new. Asphalt resurfacing is a multi step process involving several work crews, with construction signs and traffic control measures for public safety.
Here’s what to expect when overlaying or resurfacing asphalt parking lots driveways or roads:
- Any utilities lines will need to be lowered to allow milling machines to move over the roads, or parking lot without damaging existing utilities.
- Remove a layer of the old surface with a milling machine. Milling may not be needed on streets with no curbs and gutters.
- The utilities must be raised flush with the new asphalt surface that’s being applied.
- A tack coat will be applied to the milled surface (The grooves in the old asphalt) to bind the new asphalt surface to the old existing surface.
- Asphalt paving machines will be used to apply the new asphalt surface.
- We will apply new thermal plastic pavement markings or line painting on the new blacktop pavement.
Shutting your business down is not an option, so we’ll work in phases and off hours if needed to resurface your existing asphalt parking lots and driveways with little or no inconvenience to you or your customers. Here are some different scenarios and how we handle them.
These are just a few of the types of asphalt resurfacing jobs we do.
- Parking Lots – We do these in sections that will allow plenty of parking for customers.
- Churches – we usually do our work during the week.
- Shopping Centers – we’ll do the asphalt resurfacing in phases and off hours.
- Office Buildings – again, office parking lots can be done in sections and phases.
- Warehouses: Parking and loading areas can also be done in phases.
- Apartments and Condos: we do these in sections and will always post notices well in advance for when and where work will be taking place. We will also post suggestions for alternate routes and parking.
- Schools – are best done on weekends and holidays when there are no children around.
We provide asphalt resurfacing in Tampa, Orlando, Lakeland, Fort Myers, Palm Harbor, Sarasota and the surrounding areas. Contact us now for a free estimate at 727-474-0402 or 800-986-3231.
Florida Paveworks has offices throughout central and southern Florida. Below is a list of our other offices in Florida…
Asphalt Overlay | resurfacing Tampa: 503 East Jackson Street 33602 Phone: (813) 527-0578
Asphalt Overlay | resurfacing Fort Myers Phone (239) 491-7007
Asphalt Overlay | resurfacing Sarasota: 7350 S. Tamiami Trail 32431 Phone (941) 320-4664
Asphalt Overlay | resurfacing Lakeland: 3616 Harden Blvd Phone (863) 614-0061
Asphalt Overlay | resurfacing Palm Harbor: 35246 US HWY 19 North 34684 Phone (727) 474-0402
Asphalt Overlay | resurfacing Ocala (352) 414-1654
Asphalt Overlay | resurfacing Orlando 630 South Kirkman Rd 32811 Phone (407) 770-8993